Part-Time Job Openings
- Enviro-Plumbing, Plumbing Apprentice, (Graduating Senior)
- “Enviro Plumbing Inc. is a family owned plumbing company that has been in business in West Los Angeles since 1992. We are interested in local high school seniors who wish to learn the plumbing trade. “
- Candidates must be able to commit to enrolling and attending the PHCC (Plumbing Heating & Cooling Contractors) four-year apprenticeship training program. Apprentices work full-time during the day, M-F, earning a wage, and go to school one night a week near Glendale.”
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug test and background check and have a valid California driver’s license.
- Enviro Plumbing offers 401K enrollment, paid sick days and paid holidays.
- We supply and clean a uniform to work in.
- Email your resume to Daniel Beattie: info@enviroplumbing or call 310-450-8180 for more information o www.enviroplumbing.com
- The Beach Club Santa Monica
- NOW Hiring Summer Camp Counselors – June to September
- Contact Nik Amatulli | 310-395-3254 | email@example.com
- 201 Palisades Beach Rd. | Santa Monica. | 90403
- Kumon Math & Reading Center, Pacific Palisades, Part-time Grader (16 yrs/o +)
- Hours: Monday from 3:00 to 7:00 PM & Thursdays from 2:15 to 6:00 PM
- Qualifications inlclude: Organization, ability to multi-task, and enjoy working with children
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Email your resume, a copy of your last report cared and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific Park – Santa Monica Pier: (16 Years Old +)
- Merchandise Associates, Revenue Clerks, Admission Attendants, Game Attendants, Food & Beverage Attendants
- Employee Benefits Include: College Tuition Reimbursement, Park Discounts, Free Ride Wristbands, and PERC Rewards o Apply online at www.pacpark.com/jobs
- 380 Santa Monica Pier | Santa Monica, CA | 90401 o Contact Chris Lewallen for more information: CLewallen@pacpark.com
- Pacific Sunwear, Third Street Promenade, Sales Associate, (16 Years Old +)
- Part-time after school and on weekends
- Application Available in the Career Services Center
- LA Youth at Work Certificate Program (All Grades)
- An initiative of the LA Area Chamber of Commerce that provides job skills workshops, work readiness certificates, and job leads.
- See website for job skills and other workshops dates and locations.
Architecture, & Engineering, & Science
1. Architecture, Construction, and Engineering Mentorship Program (9th – 12thGrader)
- Mentor program includes: mentor presentations, construction site visits, office visits, software tutorials, and final design project.
- Meets: Wednesday, May 1st (biweekly) | 4 to 6 PM
- NEW LOCATION: HLW International. LLP | 1437 4th St. | Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Email Victor Zhang: email@example.com or Jeffery Zolan: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
2. Volunteers – The Sierra Club (18 Years Old +)
- Positions include Graphic Artist, web-designer, event planner, social media and website development
- 3250 Wilshire Blvd., #1106 | Los Angeles, CA 90010 | (213) 387-4287
3. California Science Center Volunteering Program, (16 years or older)
- Volunteering Opportunities Available in the following areas: Guest Services and Space Host Volunteers, Certified Diver Volunteers (must be 18+), Discovery Room, Ecosystems, Foundation Assistants, and Special Exhibit Volunteers
- Must commit to volunteering four hours a week and 6 to 12 continuous months
- Application available on website: https://californiasciencecenter.org/support/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities
- Email: VolunteerDept@cscmail.org for questions
- California Science Center, Department of Volunteer Resources
700 Exposition Park Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Arts & Entertainment
Please check back at a later date.
Business, Finance, & Management (incl. Sports)
1. Sports Industry Academy
(Cost: $1600) SportsIndustryAcademy.com
- At UC Santa Barbara from July 21st to the 26th
- Scholars will be taught the inner-workings of the sports industry by prominent sports business leaders (Atwan Jameson, Janet Sevilla etc.)
- Scholars will be provided with an introduction to the academic environment of C. Santa Barbaraand receive an exclusive and comprehensive daylong workshop on how to navigate the university admissions process
- Registration Information: SportsIndustryAcademy.com
- 8-Week Training Program prepares job seekers for positions in banking as a first step on the career ladder in the financial services industry
- Apply at http://www.bankworks.org
- Eligibility- 18 Y/O & High School Diploma or GED
- Various start dates throughout the year
- Contact: Lisa Meadows (310) 273-6633Ext.5420 or email@example.com
Health, Medical, and Research
1. West Los Angeles Kaiser Medical Center – Junior Volunteer (must be 15.5 years old +)
2. Los Angeles Kaiser Medical Center – Volunteer (must be 18 years or older)
3. UCLA Health - Santa Monica (18 years or older)
- Agreement to Volunteer for 100 hours or more
- Download Application and requirements at: https://www.uclahealth.org/volunteer/student-volunteers-santa-monica
- Applications due 3 weeks before orientation
- Upcoming Orientation Dates: April 24, 2019 4-6pm, May 30, 2019 4-6pm
- Volunteer Services | 1328 Sixteenth St. 2nd | Santa Monica CA 90404 | 424-259-8178
4. Healthworks (Graduating Seniors)
Leadership and Team Management Development
Please check back at a later date.
Marine Biology, Veterinarian, and Animal Caretakers
1. Cabrillo Marine Aquarium Internships
- cabrillomarineaquarium.org; 310-548-7562
- Key to the Sea Internship Beach Naturalist Internship, Summer Marine Research Internship, Young Scientists Program, and the PADI Research Internship
- Year-round and summer programs.
2. Heal the Bay – Programs Department Internship (12th Graders & 17 years old plus)
- Requires a time commitment of at least 9 hours per week for a period of 2 months or more
- Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Programs Department staff to plan, promote, and work at/attend a variety of special events that go on throughout the year. i.e. beach and/or creek cleanups, trainings, “tablings”, dinners, Coastal Cleanup Day, and more.
- Recruit schools, businesses, and community groups to participate in Heal the Bay events.
- Assist in coordinating and training speakers, volunteers, and staff on the day of events.
- Make presentations to community and help educate the public about ocean pollution and the Heal the Bay mission. • Manage a variety of databases that grow continuously and exponentially at Heal the Bay.
- Submit Resume and Cover letter to Nancy Rhodes: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Los Angeles Zoo Student Volunteers (9th & 10th Graders)
Mandatory Information Meeting for the 2020 Winter/Spring Student Volunteer Class will be held on Sunday, November 3, 2019
Students must hold current LA zoo membership to become volunteers
“Students participate in a 12-week course, meetings on consecutive Sundays, January-March, from 9:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. to learn about conservation and ecology issues, biomes, and abbreviated taxonomy of the plants and animals at the Zoo.
After Completion of the 12-week course, students must complete 60 volunteer hours over the course of the year. Opportunities include: Docents, edible garden staff, bird show greeters, assistant animal keepers, & Muriel’s Ranch
3. Santa Monica Pier Aquarium – Community Science Intern (12th Graders)
Public Services and Government
1. Office of Public Engagement, La City Mayor’s Office – Interns (Seniors & 17 y.o. +)
An internship in MOPE allows interns to experience the exciting day-to-day operations and mechanisms of working in a unique, fast-paced department within the Mayor’s Office where carefully vetted candidates will have the opportunity to learn how policy actually affects a community and its residents. Interns assist staff in coordinating the following events and services:
- Official appearances – events where the Mayor may speak, attend, present, or receive an award
- Office Hours – where the Mayor and senior officials hear constituent concerns and discuss resolutions
- Constituent Services & Mayor’s Help Desk – handles one-on-one constituent interactions, essentially serving as the customer service arm of the Mayor’s Office
- Mayor’s Youth Council, Government 101, and Civic University – programs designed to educate the public on the inner workings of City Hall, and empower constituents to influence their government
- Send resume & cover letter via email to both:
2. Office of City Services, La City Mayor’s Office – Interns (Graduating Seniors & 17 y.o. +)
“Exact duties and responsibilities will vary according to MOCS team placement, but all interns will be responsible for writing and editing documents, such as letters, memoranda, and briefing papers; conducting research and summarizing findings; performing administrative tasks; preparing meeting materials and providing meeting support, such as agenda development, scheduling, and note-taking; providing essential constituent service support, such as responding swiftly and respectfully to inquiries from the public; planning and supporting events; problem-solving on a daily basis; and collaborating with others to accomplish MOCS goals.”
- MOC’s Interns are each assigned to one of the following teams:
- Infrastructure Services Team – works with the City agencies that design and build bridges, buildings, sewers, and other public works, ensure streets are safe and navigable for all, that the lights stay on and the water keeps flowing, trash is picked up on time, and our resource use is sustainable.
- Neighborhood Services Team – supports City agencies that deliver neighborhood-level services, programs, and resources to Angelenos. Neighborhood Services departments celebrate our city’s history, arts, and culture, provide places to gather and play, take care of our domestic animal friends, protect and conserve wildlife, help us age with purpose, overcome disability, and access new worlds through reading
- Transportation Services Team Desk - coordinates City work to reimagine streets as vital neighborhood centers, ensuring our streets and neighborhoods are livable, accessible, and engaging public spaces for the people of Los Angeles.
- LA River Works Team – coordinates the City’s implementation of its long-range Los Angeles River Revitalization Master Plan, including completion of the L.A. River Bikeway and Greenway and restoration of native habitat.
- Send resume, cover letter, writing sample and MOC’s Preference via email to:
** See Mr. Santana in the Career Services Center D201-A on 2-4-6 days for questions or additional information.